Thank you, Marian and Josh, for giving us the opportunity to experience cat ownership before we actually went out and bought ourselves a permanent housecat. I have a love-hate relationship with our little feline. I have to admit to being a cat lover, and secretly (when you post things on blogs I suppose they are no longer secrets) I really want to keep Oswald. But should you have to change your habits, room decor, and sleep patterns for a cat?
My life has been much more entertaining since Oswald joined us. He sits by the window and meets us at the door when we get home. He follows me around the house until I eat my breakfast every morning because he knows I'll let him lick out my yogurt cup. He tries to get in the shower because he can't handle not being with me at all times. He sleeps on my head. He hides under the bed and attacks us when we walk by.
He has one tiny little fault which could possibly be the death of him--he chews wires. Well, he pretty much will chew anything but wires seem to be his favorite. I nearly killed him for chewing through both of our Bose speaker wires. We have since removed all small wires that can be chewed through from his reach. (I hear that I can get those fixed but I'm not going to try until he's gone!!) Last night he was chewing on hangers that were on the floor. It was annoying so I put them up on the bed. He snuck up on the bed, started chewing...and dragged them off into the floor after him.
I have also recently discovered that he prefers chasing balls of foil to anything else. Wads of paper are a close second, but the rubberband ball I made him was just not right for him. I think he sits around and contemplates the meaning of life when we aren't home.
3 comments:
I can't help but laugh. We love you! And we know that (not so) secretly you want to keep him, and (not so) secretly Josh might want you to, but we wouldn't curse you with a wire-chewing cat for the rest of your life, now would we? But if he ever chews through my mac power cord he will be in BIG trouble.
Well, don't say I didn't warn you. Keep all skinny chords away from him because he cannot/willnot resist temptation.
You know what is a good pet? A hamster. They are clever, brilliant, loving, and one of God's most beautiful creatures. They can charm you with their talents, as well as protect you by their mighty strength. Who would not want a little fuzzy hamster? Also, another good kind of pet is a hyena.
Post a Comment